Kids

Kids

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Jason's 9th Birthday



So planning Jason's 9th was easier than normal. Only because I was limited on time and had NO other choice.
He knew he wanted a magic show party, it doesn't hurt that we know the most amazing magicians ever!
Our busy magicians were available for 2 dates only. First weekend in February Before his Bday or March 8th...After his Bday. March sounded good to me. Plenty of time to plan an awesome party! UNTIL Jason realized that the party wouldn't be in his birthday month. UGH, after many tears and lots of convincing on HIS part...the party was changed to February 1st and the busiest week of my life.

I had one day to get the invitations out before a busy workweek and a trip out of town with my daughters 5th grade class. Sadly because of my invitation delay and last minute changes half the kids he invited had already RSVP'd to another party. Lesson learned on getting invitations out early! He was so sad that half the kids couldn't come, but he was excited about the ones that were coming! After my busy week I had about 2 days total to get it all together. Thankfully for an early birthday present my mom got me a Silhouette Cameo...like a cricut but soooo much better!

We decided to rent out the movie theater room at our clubhouse to have plenty of room for the show. He knew he wanted a Magic hat cake with a rabbit in the hat, he wanted yoo-hoo's to drink and he wanted me to make oreo balls to eat. 
 I usually make my kids cakes but because I was Super busy that week I Had a baker in the neighborhood make the cake. I texted her a picture of what I wanted...note to self, clarify the color of the cake when ordering. I decorated with Red and black with the vision of a "Red Scarf" sticking out of the hat of the cake. The picture was not the best quality that I sent her and with no communication between the 2 of us the "Scarf" was orange. Hopefully she didn't see the disappointment in my face when I saw the cake. I fake smiled, told myself its just icing and got over it!
 So magicians were booked the room was reserved and nonstop cutting on my silhouette the party was ready to go!
 Wish I had more time because I had so much more planned...even the simple table setting bugs me, I planned on Magic top hats holding the food items and huge dice or cards , lol
Oh well, it was great with the Amazing Fred and Bobbie Becker performing! The kids laughed non-stop and so did the adults. I kept laughing really loud and noticed my husband and friends had huge smiles on their faces!  So with a great magician and great decorations the party was a huge success! In Jason's words "Best Birthday EVER!"Jason's 9th Birthday






Made this in Microsoft word with club symbol and text box'sWhite Cardstock paper, Super easy!!!

Too basic, lol
Goody Bags made out of black paper cups. Tied red ribbon around top and black cardstock circles cut out for the top 

Ordered Coin Trick from Oriental Trading and got Magic Svengali playing cards from Dollar Tree


Pick a card, any card! Took playing cards with double sided tape and stuck them on juice boxes


Rabbit in a hat Cake. Red would have looked MUCH better!
turning 9


Magic Pretzel Rings

Presto Popcorn

Magical Rabbit droppings! Oreo balls made small, Kids loved it!



No comments:

Post a Comment